Fencing Summer Camps 2019
Summer Camps are a great way to introduce kids ages 7-13 to fencing. Each camp is for beginner and novice fencers. Current NMFF members are encouraged to attend.
New Mexico Fencing Foundation provides all equipment for fencing. Youth fencers are encouraged to join, as it is a great way to immerse into 16 hours of fundamentals, video analysis, and bouting.
We teach the fundamentals of footwork, bladework, tactics and technique. Our camps are designed to be high energy and fun. Fencers will learn the rules of engagement, scoring system and etiquette. We are the only Modern Olympic Fencing club in Santa Fe. We have state of the art, modern, and safe equipment for all fencers. Our central location is convenient. Camp attendance is limited to 12 participants.
Instruction is exclusively given by James Odom. 32 years of experience including US National Coach for 2009. He is certified in all three weapons – foil, epee and saber.
- Beginning fencer camps: June 10-13, June 24-27, July 15-18
- Elite training camp for competitive fencers: June ??
- Times: 9:45am and pick-up at 2:00pm
- Location:1306 Clark Rd Santa Fe NM 87507
- Cost: Non-member cost is $200 (10% sibling discount).
- Doors open at 9:45am for Drop off. Pickup is until 2pm. $20 fee for late pickup.
Thursday's final Bouting is from 12:30pm-1:30pm – featuring full electric scoring equipment and Olympic style format. Bring your camera!
To Register you will need to complete the form below and send to email@example.com or mail to the club directly.
Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
A confirmation letter will be sent upon payment received. If you still have questions then please call Jamey directly at 505-699-2034.
Refunds are available with two week notice.
- Water Bottle (very important!)
- Athletic Shoes with laces (no Keens, Tevas, or sandals are allowed)
- Lunch for noon and snack for breaks
- Please wear t-shirts and shorts, only